Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day at the Zoo

We asked Brian what he wanted to do for Father's Day this year.
His first answer was sleep, and then he thought it would be fun to go to the zoo. So thanks to Marcy and her free passes to Brookfield Zoo, it didn't break the bank to go. We started the trip seeing the giraffes. Isaac's favorite was seeing the zebras and rhinos. They were active, and as they would get closer to us (Brian makes animal noises at each exhibit), Brian and I joked that the zebras and rhinos were coming to tell Isaac Happy Birthday (his birthday is coming up soon). So now he thinks that zebras and rhinos are coming to his birthday party.

I don't know what it is... there is something magical and exciting about the zoo - to be up close with such interesting and sometimes large creatures.


We ended our trip seeing the tiger, who had just finished dinner and was walking all around. I can't wait for our trip to St. Louis, on our way down to the Hawk family reunion. We're stopping at the zoo to do a behind-the-scenes zookeeper tour with the tigers. Alexis and Carolina are joining us and we're gearing up for a fun and exciting time. We're told that we'll have to hold Isaac the entire time... Brian will have to hold him because I'll have the camera. This may be a once in a lifetime opportunity.


No comments: