Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Last 1/2 day of first grade, first 1/2 day of summer


Well, although we had hoped to move mid-year sometime, we managed to stay here until the end. Abigail's last day of school is today. While Emma slept in, Abigail ate breakfast and the sun was streaming in the kitchen patio doors. I had a few extra minutes, so I grabbed Abby and my camera and we shot a couple great pictures outside on the back patio. The natural light is so beautiful and I just think to myself, my little girl is growing up - and where does the time go?


Every summer, I start the season with a mental to-do list - of all the fun things I want to do that summer. And most summers, I rarely feel like we put a dent in it. Well, this year, I have written them down. And while we may not get to all of them - we have already been able to check some off.

Summer Fun to-do list:
Day at Brookfield Zoo
Day at Six Flags Great America
Backyard camping
Roller skating
Bowling
Camping at Woodhaven Lakes
Roasting marshmallows in our firepit
Checking out lightning bugs

Things we've already done:
Fishing
Kite Flying
Slip n Slide
Swimming

Of course, we have our annual trip to Southeast Missouri planned for July. We look forward to seeing all our family and all the food. The best ribs, tomatoes and pigs in the country, I must say!
If you can think of anything else that you think we should do this summer, post a comment!

1 comment:

Darletta said...

Hang out with the Anderson Family as much as possible before you move!!!